Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Experience In EME 2040

EME 2040 was one of my most challenging classes this semester. I knew when I was required to take the course that it would be a bit difficult because I'm not really a "technology" professional however, after taking this course I found plenty of programs and techniques I will definitely be using when I become an educator.

I learned how to build a lesson plan, from scratch, with help from my classmates. I evaluated and critiqued websites, books and programs. Every week, I wrote in my blog about different technology tools that I used. Writing in the blog was fun but a bit challenging. When it came to writing about the content that I had read in "Transforming Learning with New Technologies", it was easy. The book offered so much information. I  loved how each chapter started off with a new teacher using different components of technology and incorporating it within the classroom. The difficult part was making wiki images to display on my blog. I played around with websites like ToonDoo, PowToon and Clip-Art to get images for my blog. This opened me up to so many different ways to engage my students. Funny cartoon images are neat and will be used within my classroom. I also learned how to assist students with special needs by using technology. I also created a teacher portfolio that can assist with parents and students on me and my method of teaching.

All the tools I have gathered within this course is not only going to make my tech skills become more polished but help me in my career field as an educator. I'm going to have to make lesson plans, power point presentations and interact with parents and what better way to do it than with technology. 
EME 2040 has helped me go head to head with one of my biggest challenges and learn new, useful things in the process.

RESOURCES:
"New Teacher Survival Guide: Planning." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment